- 2021-2024 | Coordinator of SAFE-OPERA project (SAFEty and OPERAtional Autonomy of Cyber Physical Systems). This project is a multi-disciplinary project focused on Safety and Autonomy of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS). The project is supported by Idex-Bordeaux (The University of Bordeaux Initiative of Excellence) and involves researchers from Control Theory / Signal Processing / Hybrid Simulation and Computer Science. The core aim of the project is to lay the potential cross-domain concepts for designing model-based / data-driven systems able to create the needed safety capabilities on the way to operational autonomy of CPSs. The project will achieve this aim through the following main scientific objectives: Objective #1. To develop new methods and for designing low-level safety functionalities for semi-autonomous/autonomous CPSs. Objective #2. To develop new methods for holistic safety risk assessment of CPSs. Objective #3. To develop new methods for simulation, testing and V&V in CPSs. Objective #4. To demonstrate feasibility of the new methods.
Because of its potential transformational impact at global societal scale, the project is intended to contribute to a whole field of safety-critical CPS applications: safety management and autonomy in future civil aviation operations, autonomous car, energy grids, intelligent buildings or complex robotic systems.
- 2017-2020 | Coordinator of “Safety and reliability of distributed engineered systems” project, cluster of excellence SysNum (bringing together researchers in Computer Science and Control & System theory).
- 2019-2022 | COCOTIER project: Responsible for IMS activities on “Fault-tolerant multi-sensor data fusion in autonomous navigation for future Single Pilot Operations in civil aviation (2030+)”
Some past projects
- 2014-2016 | Coordinator of a collaborative project on “model-based fault detection and diagnosis of abnormal aircraft control surfaces” with Airbus.
- 2014-2015 | Coordinator of a CONACyT (Mexico) – CNRS (France) consortium: Control and estimation by sliding modes.
- 2014-2015 | Creator of EASIERFLY consortium: 5 countries (France, Germany, NL, Italy and GB).
- 2007-2010 | Coordinator of SIRASAS project: Cross-domain project on spacecraft autonomy. 9 partners. Supported by the French Foundation for Research in Aeronautics and Space, Airbus and Thales Alenia Space. Budget: 2.21M€.
- 2006-2009 | Coordinator of SICVER project: Fault Diagnosis, Control and Guidance of Atmospheric Re-entry Vehicles. Partners: European Space Agency (NL) and EADS Space Transportation (FR). Budget: 1.324 M€.
- 2005-2008 | Lab responsible for the European RECOVER-GARTEUR project.
- 2004-2007 | Coordinator of GENSAT project: Path planning by flatness for low-orbit satellites. French Space Agency and Thales Alenia Space.
- 2004-2006 | Coordinator of a project with Turbomeca / Eurocopter on robust vibration analysis of helicopter turbomachines.
- 2001-2005 | Coordinator of collaborative S2P2A project funded by the European FEDER on air pollution monitoring.