I have supervised over 20 PhD students, 13 postdoctoral fellows, 3 HDR (French degree for research supervision) and 7 PhD visitors (one to four months stays in my team, from Europe, Mexico and Russia). Of my past PhD students, 7 of them are University Professor or Associate Professor and all others hold major R&D positions in industrial sector (majority in aerospace). Some of them received renowned awards, for example:
Some past and on-going postdoc fellows under my supervision :
As any university professor in France, about half of my working time is devoted to teaching and supervision of student projects.
At undergraduate level, I teach mainly automatic control and signal processing at IUT de Bordeaux (Département Mesures Physiques) where I supervise also lab activities, projects and training.
At graduate level, I used to teach system identification, estimation methods, fault diagnosis and numerical methods for advanced control design. I had been Deputy director and Director of doctoral studies in control, signals and systems of the Bordeaux University for several years. I continue to supervise Master projects in Automatic Control. As member of innovation comity board of the Bordeaux University, I participate to the selection/evaluation/funding process of the most innovative student projects in all disciplines (at graduate and undergraduate levels).
In other countries, I have given a number of invited lectures in Europe at Master and PhD level, and participated to PhD examination committees (Germany, Netherlands and Italy).
Below, some undergraduate (IUT) study materials for 2020-2021 (in French):
- IUT de Bordeaux-SGM (Automatique – mini-project; S3): Télécharger le planning de soutenances ici et le texte du mini-projet ici.
- IUT de Bordeaux-MP (Traitement du Signal – TP; S3): Télécharger le texte ici.
- IUT de Bordeaux-MP (PTUT, S3-S4): Télécharger le sujet ici.
- IUT de Bordeaux-MP (cours visio 2 + TF + PC): Télécharger ici et ici.
- IUT de Bordeaux-MP (TP de Traitement des Données Expérimentales): Télécharger ici.